TV Presenting Workshop
Saturday 15 Feb - 21 March
29 hours over 6 weeks
2pm - 6pm
NOTE: The 2 final days may be full days + Final Review a fortnight after completion
Learn practical professional TV Presenting skills and overcome your public speaking fears. The confidence that has you relating to the camera in a charismatic way will work just as well to a live audience. You will learn more in your first session than you normally get from a whole course.
How to write good copy, co-present, conduct great interviews are explored.
An engaging performance that charms your audience will become a habit.
Professional performance skills will have you feeling at home on the public podium, the boardroom or in front of the camera.
In the final session shoot your own story that includes co-presenting, two reporting pieces to camera, an interview and a voice over.
BRING AND SD CARD to record your work to take home to assess. SD Card details are HERE.
The course gave me the confidence to know what I'm supposed to do on the set - it is very practical and it works
What will be covered in this course?
1) Essential performance skills for communicating to an audience
Relating to the camera in a way that engages the audience makes it clear what the key to all good public speaking is
2) Keeping an open and spotaneous approach to charm your audience
Often the techniques that are taught are artificial. Here you will learn simple practical skills that utilize the strengths of your personality
3) How to cope with stresses and distractions so you stay relaxed and real
Managing nerves and understanding what generates them is a fast track to success.
4) Understanding the production process and how a presenter fits into it
Working with a director who has experience directing current affairs and documentary means you will learn a professional approach to dealing with time constraints and other distractions.
5) Interviewing skills that give polished engaging results
Understanding the interviewers job is the key to doing engaging, spontaneous and entertaining interview whether on stage or on screen.
6) Performing promos, coping with voice overs and autocue
Some specific areas require specific skills. This course introduces a practical approach to these issues.
The thing that I like about The Rehearsal Room is that it gives you a process ... it gives you a formula that you can rely on.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF...
- TV Presenting is something you have always wanted to do but didn't know where to start
- The presenting course you have already done didn't build your confidence
- Speaking comfortably in public is something you would like to master
- You generally don't feel confident in groups and want to find a way of boosting your confidence
- A tertiary degree in journalism hasn't made you comfortable in front of the camera
- You believe you have the skills to be a presenter and want to learn more about how the industry works
IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE SKILLS …
- Misunderstandings about the presenters job will haunt your skill set
- You may never find out how good you can be
- Remaining confused about issues that should be really clear will be the norm
- Naive mistakes will occur because you don't have a practical understanding
- The presenters job will be much harder for you than it needs to be
This course evolved because The Rehearsal Room acting process was so useful to Jules Lund in establishing a career as a TV Presenter at a very young age. Jules did all the acting classes and then found it was those skills that quickly had him working on Channel 9's "Get Away".
On the basis of Jules success Richard decided to run this TV Presenters course and it was an instant success. The techniques that presenters learn are an adaptation of the fundamental processes taught to actors at The Rehearsal Room. They have all the same clear, practical, efficient and common sense qualities that produce performers who are in charge of their choices in a very professional way.
These techniques work on stage, in the boardroom or in front of a camera
Many have found they are now more comfortable and proficient on a professional set because they totally understand the realities of the job. The end result has been a professional career.
And everyone has found that they learn the skills quickly because it is such a practical and supportive learning environment.
This video promotion was made for 2015 classes
Learn skills you will use throughout your career.