Callback Audition Workshop
7, 14 & 21 April
11 hours over 3 weeks
9.00am to 1.00pm (7 & 21 April)
3 hours morning or afternoon on 14 April
Casting Director Jane Norris
Director: Richard Sarell
A great opportunity to build your skill and flexibility in the audition room. Rise to the challenge of being called back by the casting director with a specific task to fulfill.
Be assisted in your preparation for your call back session by television director RICHARD SARELL.
Two audition sessions with an experienced casting director plus a coaching session in preparation for your callback session.
What will be covered in this course?
1) Build audition skill in two audition sessions with JANE NORRIS
It is as important for a Casting Director to meet and understand you as a person as it is for them to know about your acting skill.
2) An opportunity to push boundaries and find out what more you have to offer
This 'Callback' format gives actors the opportunity to explore a range of skills. - to test them out with a professional casting director and get feedback.
3) Get great tips on general casting issues
During the briefing sessions at the beginning and end of each workshop you will get practical hands-on advice from the casting directors.
4) The opportunity to ask questions
You will be able to ask questions in the two briefing sessions about the personal areas of confusion or concern you have.
5) Get specific analysis of your audition technique
In your one-on-one time with television director Richard Sarell you will get direct honest feedback about your audition technique and your acting technique. Sometimes your acting techniques are great but your audition technique doesn't display your strengths. Richard will assist you with clear and practical advice.
6) Make progress at being less nervous in auditions
Nerves can have a big impact on the outcome of an audition. Making an audition an ordinary experience rather than an exceptional one is a skill that needs to be acquired and practiced.
For an actor a scene must do more than further the plot - it must explore the relationship between the characters. Richard has a gift for making this process clear and simple. His direction gives me confidence to trust my own intuition, thus allowing the character room to breathe...
THIS IS FOR YOU IF...
- You find Casting Directors intimidating
- You are never sure exactly what a casting director is looking for
- You have made great plans for your audition but never deliver them
- Don't know how to conduct yourself in an audition
- Don't know which questions to ask the casting director
- You feel an audition is a competition that you must win
IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE SKILLS …
- you will always feel uncomfortable when auditioning
- you wont have a professional understanding of the audition process
- will remain confused about issues that should be clear to you
- you will reduce your chances of doing a good audition
- be rigid in your choices rather than relaxed, flexible and professional
Over his twenty-five year directing career Richard found that many actors he auditioned didn’t actually listen in auditions. And he realised that it took many years of experience for actors to come to terms with and understand the audition process.
Having a practical understanding of what the actor's job is when auditioning is a massive help in enabling an actor to audition well. These workshops aim to quickly build an actor's understanding of the audition process - which usually takes actors years of professional experience to acquire. There are many myths about auditions and many confusions about what Casting Directors and directors are looking for.
Richard was one of the first acting teachers to begin running workshops that allowed actors to interact with Casting Directors. The aim was to give actors experience of the audition room so that they can approach an audition in a relaxed, focused and professional way.
These are the only workshops where actors also receive analysis and feedback from a director as well as a casting director. This combined input from two different entertainment professionals makes these workshops unique and incredibly valuable.
Learn skills you will use throughout your career.