Saturday 16 Dec
2.00pm to 5.00pm
This isn't a talk-fest - THIS IS AN ACTING CLASS.
Discover an approach to acting that works really well for beginners. This is because the basic techniques are so clear and strong that you can add other styles and processes to this foundation as you expand your knowledge.
In this three-hour introductory session you will start to learn this process. YOU WILL TRY IT OUT.
GET THIS SESSION FOR FREE - If you decide to sign up for a term of classes you can deduct the cost of this session from the full price of your first term of classes.
"Something clicks in every class. It’s an amazing feeling - knowing that you are going to learn something profound but you are yet to have any idea of what that is until it happens. I return each week excited knowing that I am about to experience this." March 2013
What will be covered in this course?
1) You can build a character quickly and effectively
Managing character choices efficiently is the key to being an effective TV actor. You can learn to do it in seconds.
2) Learn the importance of playing brilliant surprises
Surprises are the key to a standout performance. These techniques aren't taught anywhere else. You won't master them in this session but you will understand their massive importance.
3) Engaging an audience with the story is the key to success
We will explore the key to being a charismatic actor that audiences will pay to see. Casting Directors and Directors know that actors who engage an audience are hard to find.
4) Discover simple exercises that create exciting outcomes
This is a no bullshit approach to traditional theories. It cuts through the complexities of other acting processes and explains them in a simple common sense language.
5) Learn how to manage your fear
Stage fright and the fear of performing publicly can hold many actors back from exploring their talent. This approach overcomes the fear of failure.
6) Acquire practical and professional acting skills
The confusions and vagueness of other approaches are replaced with simple and powerful tools that you can manage with ease. This set of tools you can use with confidence because they deliver. It will change your view of acting forever.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF...
- You are curious but not sure where to start learning to act
- You have dabbled in acting (perhaps at school) but want to find out if you can actually do it
- If you tried another class but found it confusing and it took your confidence away
- Want to find out if this is a safe and supportive environment
- You have heard this approach is very practical and different and want to find out for yourself if it works
IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE SKILLS …
- You might never know how easy acting is
- You might never find out how much fun it can be
- You might never discover that many elements you believed were important in acting are in fact myths
- You might never discover that acting is just common sense
- You might never get the chance of a professional career
- You won’t discover an acting process that grows with you and for you
Richard first discovered the core values of this technique when he was directing drama at the ABC in Melbourne in 1984. In an actor/director workshop run by the marvelous teacher Murray Hutchinson a simple, clear and common sense approach to Constantine Stanislavski’s theories was explained. Richard was captivated by the wonderful practicality of this approach and immediately started exploring it. He also began using it as the foundation of his directing techniques.
After watching Richard direct an actor on the ABC series “Embassy”, experienced British actor Brian Marshall commented, “That was pure Stanislavski!!” Other actors began to notice the difference and soon some began asking Richard to teach them the techniques he was using. Those requests generated what has now become The Rehearsal Room acting school in Melbourne. Over thirty-two years those common sense concepts have continued to develop and evolve.
This is a practical, professional approach focused on delivering the performance outcomes that directors and casting directors are looking for. Unlike any other acting process before it the main focus of this approach is on engaging and entertaining an audience. Actors who can do that are a sought after commodity. Richard loves teaching it. You will love learning it.
A THREE-HOUR COURSE - Saturday 16 Dec 2017
Experience an acting process that is incredibly powerful and very practical because it is just common sense.